Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things I Learned From My Camera

Things I Learned From My Camera

  1. Seen through the camera's lens, bugs are ART. Most of them, anyway.
  2. Chihuahuas are fast!! But, with the judicious use of a few vienny wiennies, they can be talked into anything.
  3. Cats are natural-born models.
  4. Birds are fascinatin'. I had no idea!
  5. Sittin' in a field of sunflowers can be fun!!
  6. I love, love, love playin' with Photoshop!!
  7. Unlike takin' photos of animals, takin' pictures of people is scary...they actually expect them to look good. You can tell I have problems with that one...this is the only picture of a person, taken by me, that I could find!
  8. Goin' to the zoo is awesome!!
  9. I found out that Rebel loves chipmunks. The hard way. Don't ask. You may be wonderin' what this has to do with my camera...if I hadn't taken such an interest in photographin' the chipmunks, I probably would never have been told about Rebel's doin's.
  10. A lot of the ugliness around me looks, if not beautiful, at least interestin', through the camera's lens. I guess that's all for today. If you'd like to see more photos, go here.

3 comments:

amberleahorsefly said...

Wow Mel! Your photography skills are wonderful! *I love the sunflowers* I also believe that bugs look like art...sometimes they look like aliens. I was browsing and found your blog...I miss you loads, and Inky too...she looks beautiful in her tutu! Kiss her for me and hug Nanie!!

mel said...

Awww, Amber!!! I miss you, too, sweetie! You should just come visit sometime! Check out my Flickr site to see tons of photos of Inky...there's a link on the front page of this blog. Thanks for writing!!

Hugs,
Mel

argon(one) said...

I know exactly what you mean. I learn so much through the lens of a camera. I have learned to pay attention to life. Three years ago I took a digital photography workshop and the teacher told us not to look at our subject matter, but rather that we should see our subject matter. I can look at the sky all day, but its only when I observe the patterns in the clouds or the variations of blue in the sky or the layers of clouds moving in opposite directions that I actually see the sky.

I absolutely love your photographs. I feel like I am right there seeing the bugs or smelling the sunflowers. You rock Mel!